Monday, May 25, 2009

Going HE!

Our very first washing machine is on the fritz and would cost over $300 to repair!

We went out this morning to take advantage of the Memorial Day sales & special military discounts.

After much debate we ended up getting a front loader. If you are looking for new appliances in Columbus, GA I recommend Lowe's. After shopping around I found that some of the other nearby stores ahem where 1) coming down on the price as we walked out - what is this a car dealership or flea market 2) didn't really know much beyond what we could read ourselves on the machines. The gentlemen at Lowe's was so helpful!


I have only used front loaders while visiting family so this is pretty new. Though after helping so many troubleshoot their own issues I should survive.

I have to run before Chris sees me blogging about the new machine while his hands prune up from wringing out the sopping wet laundry (that the washer just finished "spinning" out).

I'll update on the joy of cloth diapers in a front loader the next couple days!

7 comments:

Staci A said...

How exciting! These look great. I definitely want to get a front loading washer next time we have to invest in one.

Denise said...

I hope you bought an extended warranty.....I LOVE my front loader, but it has needed servicing more than any of appliance we've ever owned. What brand did you get?

Natalie said...

Yes, I did get the extended warranty! I am pretty sure it is a Whirlpool. We looked at so many and with the kids playing with the floor model toilets it got a little crazy!

Dani V. said...

I've never tried a front loader. I'll have to see how you do with it and maybe get one next time I need a washer? :)

Unknown said...

They look and sound awesome! Do let us know how it's going.

Natalie said...

It was going great for the week I could use it. Then we moved and were without our own washer for 16 days! I still used cloth, but with fast wash routines in hotels and laundromats we got some major stink. :( It sure it harder to strip diapers in HE. I'll have to do a new post with stripping major stink in HE!

Anonymous said...

How does this affect your diaper washing routine? We plan to replace our top-loader soon. Not sure what type we will end up getting...