Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hello!

Hello friends of Two Little Whales!

My name is Natalie, and I am so happy to say that I, along with my husband and two little girls, am the new owner of Two Little Whales. In this post I want to introduce myself as well as mention some of the plans - including NEW PRODUCTS! - for Two Little Whales.

Rachel is practically a neighbor of mine - my family lives in Seattle. I am a work-at-home-mom and run another diaper shop, Punkernoodle Baby, which I opened about 2 years ago. I feel strongly that as parents we should do everything we can to leave a clean planet for our children, and I consider it my privilege to help address environmental problems by spreading the word about cloth diapers. My hubby is green to the core, and I learn a little bit more every day about how to leave a better footprint on our Earth.

I also know what it's like to raise a family on a limited income, and I am passionate about cloth diapering because it saves parents so much money - money that can better put to use elsewhere. I truly believe if every parent in America just tried cloth diapering, we would have a major shift and disposables would be out of business!

Now about Two Little Whales. What a beautiful little shop! I plan to continue the wonderful customer service and personal help and caring Rachel has put into her store all this time - helping parents is one of the most satisfying things for me. You can expect to see most policies and approaches stay exactly the same!

I plan to continue carrying most of the products in Two Little Whales as well as add some exciting new ones. Look for one of the most-loved diaper brands, and one that I have used faithfully with both my girls, to be stocked for our grand re-opening in the next couple of weeks: Fuzzi Bunz!!!

I also plan to add the most economical diapering option of all - prefolds - and Thirsties covers and Duo Wraps to match.

By now, some loyal customers are into the potty-learning stage, so we will be adding some great cloth trainer options, including Snap EZ training pants.

I also have a personal addiction to wool, so I plan to add some wonderful wool products as well, to help keep babies snug in winter and stretch your dollars even farther.

Thanks to all the loyal friends who have kept with Two Little Whales - I hope to meet/hear from you soon and keep you up to date through this blog. As a side note, I also am a writer and sometimes will blog about natural parenting topics that will hopefully be fun reads for all you like-minded families.

Rachel - enjoy your special time with your family, it is well deserved!

Natalie Velush

2 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what's coming! Happy Holidays!

Shawna said...

Ack! Natalie. It's GREAT to see you doing this... I was just over at Punkernoodle (I'm eyeing a few things,) and I was thinking, This (punkernoodle) needs more marketing. More traffic, more newsletters... etc. And now I see that you are taking Two Little Whales. I'm so excited about this. I wish you the best.